FAQ    Suchen    Mitglieder    Teams    Registrieren    Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen    Login  
Neuen Beitrag schreiben   Auf Beitrag antworten    Live for Speed Forum -> GT5 / GT6 -> Vor- Release Infos.
Seite 1 von 1 Vorheriges Thema anzeigen | Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Offline marcione

Beitrag Do 18.11.10 12:35 Vor- Release Infos.
Antworten mit Zitat  

incognito hat Folgendes geschrieben
Es gibt nun offenbar jemand, der GT5 hat und wenigstens ein bisschen ahnung hat von den Fragen, was die leute so interessiert, und nicht nur mehr oder weniger sinnfreie videos postet ohne viel hintergrundinfos.

erste erkenntnis, das G25 wird unterstützt, mit Kupplung, wohl so wie in GTP auch, was auch immer das heissen mag.

Und man kann den FOV einstellen, in 3 Stufen Ausrufezeichen
Aber das HUD kann man wohl nicht ausschalten.

Bilder und weitere Updates gibts in diesem Thread:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132738

Zitat:
# FOURTH UPDATE

At this update I'll try to tackle some issues from yesterday, with focus on some questions I found interesting and some elaborations regarding various parts of the GT5.

With physics being most important in my book, I understand that some observation from tomorrow were somehow misleading. So, here are the further impressions.

I drive with G25, no assists except ABS (1), and no clutch (although it works as previously mentioned). I have no idea about limitations of sequential shifters on G27 (as witnessed in Prologue and TT demo), none of my friends have it and I can't try it at this point. I also have a Fanatec 911 GT3 RSV2 Clubsport waiting to be mounted, but until my new rig comes that baby will not start it's GT5 life.

As I mentioned yesterday, most important issue in physics is disappearance of STD/PRO distinction. Instead, GT5 introduces new driving-aid, Skid Recovery Force, which somewhat limits car lateral movement allowing for easier control. I presume it also applies some kind of steering buffer for controller users, but I haven't try the game with the pad so I can't elaborate further. As said before, all license test in N-B and N-A divisions comes with SRF enabled and I presume it can be disabled by progressing into higher tiers of Licenses - as logic of the licenses determines, since by advancing you can turn-off almost every assists (or the appropriate test turns it off as mandatory).

My physics impression comes from driving stock RX-7 (N2), stock M3 (S1) and racing Castrol Supra (R1) on dry surfaces. GT5 physics is the most advanced physics any any GT game to date, more complex than Prologue, demanding as Academy TT physics, but much more subtile and profound. Tire-snap is now logical, you can feel the surface, suspension and weight on tires and you can perfectly determine what is going on with the tire-grip. I'm impressed with modeling of suspensions - feel of the road is phenomenal and in every moment you know what your car is doing through the force feedback effect delivered on the wheel.

You have a constant idea what your car is doing and you just know when you did something wrong. It is very difficult to explain by words, but all variables that determines the feel of the car on particular part of the track are linked perfectly. You just know when you're going over the top, when the line you've taken will not be good or when you've applied the wrong steer. Also, greatest improvement is done in realms of racing cars, where Kazunori finally reached the levels of his only inspiration, Yu Suzuki's masterpiece F355 Challenge. Sense of speed through corners is now perfect. The insane level of grip and power of race cars has been finally toned down, and feeling of having an ultimate driving machine now comes from ability to steer perfectly, to have control of throttle and brakes, to feel the suspension and to have time to prepare for next maneuver. Refinement in this area is the most important to me, because in all previous GT games I had problems with insanity of race cars. Now everything is in place as it should be, and I love that aspect most.

Of course, in days to come, GT5's physics will be analyzed as no driving-game physics ever was. I expect many criticism, searching for flaws, comparisment with "this game" or "that game", but I have strong impression that physics in GT5 is the most refined physics ever introduced in virtual world - as long as "physics" is determined by the feel of actual driving, feel of tires, feel of suspension, weight transfer, engine momentum and actual feel of steering. Sense of speed, grip, weight and car-performance is just logical and natural - and that is what matters most.

I tried to drive without ABS on both stock cars mentioned above, but even G25 pedals are not up to that task Although overall effect of non-ABS braking is more refined than in Prologue, brakes needs to be approached with great attention. Actual tire-lock is easy to be done and I really have no idea how will users of DFGT/DFP drive without ABS if wanted . Watching braking without ABS in replays finally looks logical and natural and later afternoon I'll be doing much more research in that particular field. On the other side, driving a Castrol Supra on R1 without ABS was totally different from stock-cars, I could tackle braking more efficiently and I presume that mechanical setting (tire compound, suspension, brake power distribution) have lot to do with the overall immersion of the non-ABS braking.

One of the most common questions was one regarding the sounds. GT5 have drastically improved sounds over Prologue in every way. I started a Demo Drive for F430 and it sounds much better than in Prologue, as well as all cars I've driven. Notice that sound changes when driving in cockpit, as I mentioned yesterday best (loudest and clearest) sound is when driving from the roof-cam. However, it is logical to be as that, because the sound of the car from outside and from inside is not the same, as in real life. In the sound department I really love the way in which Doppler effect have been implemented during replays. It shines in surround setting and everybody who got any kind of surround system will enjoy probably the most realistic interpretation of audio-design in virtual racing from "spectator" point of view.

Speaking about replays, they're much more complicated in execution than in previous games, with much more option on disposal. You have 2 interior views focused solely on driver (not sure about that view being available for STD cars) and animation of the driver and interior lightning is just phenomenal.

More serious drivers will love the fact that fuel depletion is now inter-connected to the power of the engine, it's aspiration and way of driving. Although I didn't research it yet in any longer race, menu clearly says that driving more aggressively, with revving into red-area and such will consume more fuel. I hope I'll have time to tackle both tire-wear and fuel-depletion today and it is clear it will add whole another dimension for online racing. I have no idea about brake-fade and such but I'll share any insights as soon as I realize them.

Slipstream has finally been reduced to normal levels and I can't wait to go online and try it in real races. Insane slipstream does not exist anymore and it is noticeable from few licenses that includes slipstreaming. Slow drivers will not be happy, fast drivers will finally get a deserved on-track advantage for their skill outside the straight.

Shirakawa Akira made some interesting questions that deserves serious answer

Zitat:
SHIRAKAWA Akira View Post

- Can the car be stalled?
- Are bad shifts harmful or have they been correctly dealt with?
- Can the clutch be burned or otherwise damaged?
- Does the clutch slipping point change with modifications or wear?
- Is it possible to choose the amount of fuel in the tank before race start?
- Is it possible to know in detail tire temperature data with the data logger, meaning not only each tire as a whole, but in separated sections? (usually in PC sims outer, middle, inner portion)
- ...or better, what exactly can the data logger do/analyze?
- Can tire inflating pressure be changed and checked?

Answer to them is mainly negative or still unknown . GT series was always different from PC simulations and it is very clear that Kazunori's vision is different from one of hard-core PC simulations. I still have no idea about execution of mechanical damage and I presume that Extreme races (unlocked after Lv. 20) will offer more answers in this area. But it is safe to presume that some features such as clutch wear, separate sections for the tire-wear and tire-pressure will stay out of the GT world for time being. As for amount of fuel and functions of the logger, I have no idea yet. I'll take a notice when I tackle them.

I don't know anything about Qualifications process since I didn't go into A-Spec races yet.

PPT values are nowhere to be shown (maybe in A-Spec races?) and if they're still in, they could be part of the online portion of the game. As for yesterday, connecting to PSN haven't prompt any update or allow that menu for Community features becomes available. As I noticed yesterday, I am getting the same message as other members with the game about some functions "Not being available in this Version of the game". It is very safe to presume that players with connection to PSN will get some serious update as servers go up (on 24/11, as being announced on official web) that will unlock or make visible all community/online features.

Somebody asked about tuning and adjusting process being available in Practice mode - it is. You can take any car in Practice mode, tune it there, do Free Runs, Drift trials or do One Make Races. Unfortunately, legendary Test Track is nowhere to be found, together with 0-400, 0-1000 tests. Maybe I didn't search enough.

I didn't try all surfaces yet (rain, snow..), report on that comes later today. Many other advanced options as variable weather and such will probably be introduced in Endurance races (wherever and on whichever Lv. they are) and in settings for still unavailable online races (Private Lobby and races settings).

Also, I couldn't find an option to create a point-to-point track in Course Maker and it remains to be seen will it unlock on some point.

I have a PSEye and I'll be post impressions of headtracking later today.

In the end, I will conclude with overall impression of the Graphical User Interface. As always, GUI created by Polyphony Digital is the most beautiful in the genre and beyond. Everything is designed to insane level of logic and beauty and navigating through menus with great music in the background (lounge and jazz selection is perfect) is a treat of its own. Shortcuts are also welcomed again and although many new users will loose themselves in the beginning, it has to be noticed that complexity of the game structure is almost perfectly executed through GUI.

This concludes this update, I'll be tackle other issues in the early evening (around 18:00 CET).

Thanx for reading.
Offline ZerFEr
Sebastian Schmitt

Beitrag Do 18.11.10 12:42 
Antworten mit Zitat  

liest sich doch ganz gut Smilie

ausser:
"Unfortunately, legendary Test Track is nowhere to be found, together with 0-400, 0-1000 tests. Maybe I didn't search enough. "

abwarten und bald isses ja soweit, keine woche mehr Smilie
Offline ZerFEr
Sebastian Schmitt

Beitrag Fr 19.11.10 10:48 
Antworten mit Zitat  

Zitat:

# FIFTH UPDATE (18/11)

OK, back to business. This update will tackle many small things and bits I've came across, as well as many questions made in this thread.

But first, I'd like to explain the issue encountered yesterday, when I realized that BGM sounds/music for winning a license-trophy (bronze, silver or gold) are being muted if you have Race BGM muted.

I presume it will not be an issue for 95% of future GT5 players, but all Legacy Players (respect ) and all other players that tend to race with Race BGM set to OFF (as everybody should, but hey - De gustibus non disputandum est ) will probably find it annoying. For solving of that problem you'll need an empty MP3 or VAW file (GT5 will only accept 48, 42 and 20.05 bitrate files) uploaded to your PS3 music Library, in separate folder. Once uploaded, you go to GT5 Options/Sound menu and then choose User BGM (for Race BGM). You then choose the empty file and make it play random in loop and then set the Race BGM to 100. Voila! License-winning music is there and our favorite Japan Guitar-Rock tunes will play happily in the rhythm of spinning awarded Trophy

After you're done with Licenses, you just turn off User BGM and disable Race BGM in order to save precious RAM streaming-bandwith. And trust me, GT5 needs it.

One of the most repeated questions is about changing rims on Standard cars. No, Standard cars can't have their rims changed. Period. Forever. Sorry guys, but there are more than 200 Premiums waiting to have their rims changed, and I guess it is lots of dirty hands to be washed after only that number. Imagine 1031, no hands can sustain so much degreaser and soap And no, really no, Standards do not have interiors too.

Another important issue - particularly to all members of GTP Registry League, as Sjaak asked me - is that save files are really copy-protected, period. You can't copy them to memory stick and that is it.

Interesting thing regarding save file is that it actually tracks Days of your GT Life career - which is nowhere else to be found in GT Life. Number of days spent in Career Mode - as one of the foundations of RPG-esque GT system of all previous games - is now gone from display. But, those interested in Old School Values will still be able to find it by pressing a triangle in XMB section of Game Save Data for GT5 save file.

Although I have PSEye camera and I went through set-up procedure in Options menu, I couldn't get it to work during my License/Arcade races sessions. I have no idea where is the problem, I'll try to mess with the options tomorrow. Interesting thing is noted in Online Manual (notice that paper manual that comes with the game is nothing but informational - everything you need to know about the Sea of Options is available in in-game Help Manual) regarding Headtracking - it will not be available in races with pit-stop enabled. And no, I still haven't race almost any race in GT Life career mode (only 1st Lv. of Kart Challenge) because I'm still golding Licenses.

Drift mode (in GT Life mode only to be found in Practice section at this moment) can be executed as Section or Full-Lap drift. I can't wait for first serious drift videos of all great drifters there, it will be a treat.

Unfortunately, I just didn't have time to make further exploration of the physics, except during License tests. But, everything I said in previous updates is still valid, rally is a real treat, while overall feel of racing on dry surfaces is great. I will just expand my thoughts regarding execution of the physics/vehicle characteristics/tire modeling, by saying that GT5 provides unprecedented variety of feels for different cars, as never before. Racing 512BB on Rome Track (and Rome track is great I must admit) is totally different experience than racing new Infinity. I know it is logical to say "it is totally different" - they're totally different cars in any mean after all - by it is also not easily explainable by words. Everything we know about feel of the cars from previous games has been rewritten, so to say - torque, weight, lateral movement, way of braking, accelerating - everything is so unique to each car, as never before. Exploring the whole universe of different types of cars will now have a whole new meaning.

At this point, no Network functions has been made available yet, so I still don't know anything related to online, multiplayer, community, GT Anywhere options, Museum (it is part of Network options, as stated in Online Manual section of the game), YouTube upload, Item Sharing or Car Exchange (and yes, we all have to wonder what "Car Exchange" will be ).

And in the end of impressions, I have to admit that graphics will occasionally slow down in large-field races, but it is nothing that can ruin anyones experience. Please, do not jump to this now, it is very rare, it lasts very short and it is just not so important with everything in scale Also, some shadow-cast could be strange, but with level of overall details and everything it is expected. After all, it is only 256 RAM of dedicated graphics CPU, our mobile phones probably have better graphic CPU these days So, nothing to be rally picky about in my book.

And now onto questions, I apologize to all whose questions will be left unanswered, I will try to anwser them in some future updates.

G25 wheel related
- clutch works (I presume it will work with G27 too, but I have no idea will the paddles work on G27)
- no steering lock in any option I have found so far
- I have no idea yet about Tuning-Menu allowing to adjust Steering Degree (as in QTS of Prologue)

JumpAce asked about all tire and compound types. There are Comfort (N), Sports (S) and Racing (R) tires, and with porchasing Racing tires you're given both Intermediate and Rain compounds. Additionaly, there are Dirt and Snow tires for rally races.

Quick rundown for various:
- Karts can be raced on any road track
- no new diesel cars found (except 120d and Pegueot LM)
- no Stunt Arenas yet (probably never in GT5 by my opinion, but you never know with Kaz )
- brand of the Mercedes SLS model is surprisingly - Mercedes-Benz

I found Jay Leno's name in Credits. Hm. Any thoughts?

Oh, and one very important thing for the very end - almost forgotten in lights of news - there is no Rewind Thank you Kazunori-san, ありがとうございました.

This concludes my fifth update, more updates tomorrow evening. Thank you for reading!
Offline incognito

Geburtstag: 1976
Beitrag Fr 19.11.10 12:28 
Antworten mit Zitat  

Zitat:
# FIRST Q&A UPDATE

Good morning people.

I have collected many quotes of questions and opinions from last 20 pages and I'll answer them here during my early morning coffee break.

So, we start with my favorite so far:

C.D View Post
not a word regarding damage (which will likely blow) yet, you've got to be ****ing kidding me. Further proof that all of the guys who've gotten the game early are just a bunch of clowns hired by Sony to do viral marketing for the game and build up hype.
Thank you for your nice words sir, it is always welcomed to have such a high-profiled marketing analyst around here. Please notice that your humble opinion regarding implementation of damage can't be answered easily by Clowns because GT5 is a huge game, with slow progress-curve and there is many things to be opened or discovered that can't be done in week of playing.

However, thank you once more for your distinguish approach to the matter.

My second favorite:

alilsneaky View Post
The amar guy could very well be, he doesn't have to be ofcourse, but jesus ****ing christ the way he hypes the game is a bit obnoxious, it's like watching a toy commercial...

I want to see framerate while racing, proof of screen tearing or lack thereof, word from PD on vsync , news about the resolution, how good is the vibration function on the controller in gt5 (was usually awesome in ps2 games but most ps3 games seem to have something akin to my cellphone to save battery power), how is split screen? how long are loading times if you don't install the game and most of all proper IN RACE footage of car damage without the stupid arcade mode excuse.
I don't hype the game, sorry. I am just making an subjective overview of the game from my personal perspective. I'm not payed to do review here, all I want is to share some of my initial feels and thoughts to people who are members of this community. I am sorry if you find that offensive by any mean, it was not meant to be that way.

As for issues you describe, I stated in my last update that I've encountered some occasional slowdowns, but nothing important in my book. Screen tearing will probably be experienced in some point, but I haven't seen any on my set. I read on NeoGaf that V-Sync is probably off for GT5 because of technical reasons, but until Digital Foundry posts their report I will sustain to comment on that because I do not have sufficient technical expertise not equipment. If it means anything to you, GT5 is graphically the best racer I have ever seen, so take that as a hype, or just as an subjective opinion. I am aware that many people will find their complaints, but while they complain about this or that, they could better improve their driving skills instead of counting frames. There is no perfection oh hardware with 256MB of graphic-CPU, but it is also the main reason why I find final result even much more impressive.

As for controller, I haven't play with it, I use the wheel only, sorry. I will try split screen later today. I instal the game immediately, so I can't tell about loading times for non-installed game. But yes, loadings are longer than in Prologue for instance, but still noticeably faster than in "other games". You can find answer regarding showcasing of the "damage" in answer above, cheers.

eSZee View Post
I think that it's the same sort of situation as going up to Jack Nicholson and asking him to give you his take on the current state of the LA Lakers.

Antonisbob View Post
I wonder if the Diesel Le Mans cars have better fuel efficency than the gas ones?
Maybe they will have, since game clearly states that fuel depletion will depend upon engine type (although it does not explain in further) and way of driving.

krishy_123 View Post
..what replay options are available? Also when you said there is no Rewind, did you mean like how GRID/Forza etc have a gameplay rewind function or did you mean replay rewind?
There are many replay options, but I still didn't found time to actually explore replays from technical POW (logger, replay save, exporting to USB stick, attachment to messages in XMB maybe, and so on). I'll do many of such technical explorations today afternoon.

And by REWIND I meant gameplay rewind, yes.

GeeTeeR View Post
There better be Moon Over the Castle somewhere in the Japanese version, or I'm cancelling my Chinese version import.
At this point we know that Official GT5 Soundtrack CD is announced for Japan and it will be available from Dec 22. CD lists "Moon Over The Castle GT5 Version" as the first song - and we can safely presume it will be opening title song for Japanese game - but there is no MOTC on my PAL game, nowhere to be found among 189 tracks listed in Music directory. It is shame, I agree.

Here you can find info about GT5 Soundtrack Album and track listing for both CD's (site is on Japanese):
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=696143

cicohipe View Post
But when games like (That Microsoft one) and others are allowing rim changes plus body kits and more, it definitely seems like this game should have them included.
You can change bodykits, rims and such on Premiums, so technically those things are included. To compare, "other games" even remotely do not have many of features of GT5, so it basically comes down to what is more important in driving genre. Answering to that question is pretty much subjective thing, but GT5 obviously have change of rims, bodykits and such, together with plethora of other features that none other game I know can tackle in one complete package.

blue cat View Post
Do you have any idea if the G27 shift lights will work, and if the face buttons are all programmable? i know you only have a G25 atm, but any wheel info is welcome.
No idea about G27 lights, but I have serious problems in configuring my G25 to all the functions of the game It remains to be seen will G27 allow mapping of extra-wheel buttons to different functions, from my experience when testing G27 with Prologue, game was mapping all 6 extra-buttons as same function.

I will also be testing parallel usage of controller and wheel in the same time later today, so it will be part of technical update.

StogyBear View Post
Can you drive the standard and premium versions of the same car and see if there is a difference in the feel. Or actually just any standard car to see if the car feels different than the premiums. I feel like the standard cars have been overlooked I just want to be proven wrong lol
Since I only do Licenses at this point, I haven't use any cars except Premiums. But will try that also later today in technical update, stay tuned.

MaruchanSoup View Post
He hasn't mentioned anything about damage Erstaunt
Because I haven't encountered any, look at the first answer

88c-v Racer View Post
Would you be able to shed any light on what can be customized if anything besides the rims? Also, can all street cars get the Race Mod?
Selected Premiums will be able to get the Race Mod, but I have no idea which ones, I know that first car I bought - MX-5, Premium - can't have it From what I saw, you can add front and side aero-kits, rear spoilers and change rims, but availability of those procedures is limited by car-to-car basis.

slipp3h View Post
Hope you're able to get head tracking working later, I would really like to hear more about this feature. Any idea why it doesn't work on tracks with pit stop?
Have no idea why it will not work with pit-stops enabled, Game Manual says so. I also can't understand why Headtracking does not work for me, will check on that too. However, friend of mine told me it could be inter-conected to 3D option, which will be a bummer if true, since I do not have 3D set. Will explore this to.

LeGeNd-1 View Post
No splitscreen
2-player split screen is in, there is no option to have multi-screen.

This is multiscreen, as in GT4 for example:

Justin View Post
Do you have to take pics from the replay or can you access photo mode via the pause menu while on track?
You can't access it during the race, you have to finish the race in order to have replay at your disposal and then use the PhotoMode feature.

Hanako787b View Post
lol.. I just realized I forgot how long the replay recorded during the 24 hours races on GT4, I think I remember seeing it as being full after about 2.5 hours... does anyone else remember that... I actually would hope to have all those long races recorded,:
There was no full-race replay in Gran Turismo series since the first game (it was the only GT so far that could "record" the replay for up to 99 laps, we tried it in fact, back in 1998 ). Game Manual points out that "some of the replays can't be saved by full length due to length of the actual race" but it remains to be discovered how much data RAM can sustain.

This concludes this session, I'll be making Technical Update later today, thanx for reading!
***ENDS
Offline ZerFEr
Sebastian Schmitt

Beitrag Fr 19.11.10 13:23 
Antworten mit Zitat  

Zitat:
but I have serious problems in configuring my G25 to all the functions of the game

gefällt mir nicht so .. glaub g25 und g27 sind nich so dolle inoffiziell unterstützt
Offline ........

Gesperrt
Beitrag Fr 19.11.10 14:29 
Antworten mit Zitat  

selbst bei gt4 geht das g25 und läßt sich konfigurieren Smilie der wird wohl einfach noch nich die richtigen tasten gefunden haben...
in prolog geht sogar die kupplung Smilie

nächstes we könn wirs gott sei dank selber rausfinden Sehr Glücklich
Offline ZerFEr
Sebastian Schmitt

Beitrag Fr 19.11.10 16:51 
Antworten mit Zitat  

El_ Bitcho hat Folgendes geschrieben
selbst bei gt4 geht das g25 und läßt sich konfigurieren Smilie der wird wohl einfach noch nich die richtigen tasten gefunden haben...
in prolog geht sogar die kupplung Smilie

nächstes we könn wirs gott sei dank selber rausfinden Sehr Glücklich

kuplung geht auch wie in prologue (dreieck drücken) aber solang otto nicht meinen kack gearshift support ding für den playseat liefern kann gehts mir sowieso voll gegen den strich Sehr Glücklich
Offline marcione

Beitrag Fr 19.11.10 21:35 
Antworten mit Zitat  

Infos zur Inst.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/11/19/report-gt5-install-takes-50-minutes-6- 4gb-on-hdd/

Zitat:
Nachdem einige Gerüchte über eine Installation von Gran Turismo 5 ins Internet gelangten, hat Sony diese nun klargestellt. Demnach müsse jeder nur 256MB installieren, um das Spiel spielen zu können. Wer möchte kann aber auch noch 6,4GB installieren, um die Ladezeiten erheblich zu verkürzen. Gezwungen wird aber niemand dazu. Jedoch installiert das Spiel im Hintergrund andauernd Daten, wenn neue Strecken oder Fahrzeuge benötigt werden.
“GT5 gives users the option of an install. This makes loading times throughout much faster but is not a requirement when first playing.If users choose not to install the data straight away it will do it in stages as news areas, tracks etc are accessed during normal game play.” (SCEE)
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:   
Neuen Beitrag schreiben   Auf Beitrag antworten    Live for Speed Forum -> GT5 / GT6 -> Vor- Release Infos. Alle Zeiten sind MESZ (Sommerzeit)

phpBB © phpBB Group

Impressum | Datenschutz