FAQ    Suchen    Mitglieder    Teams    Registrieren    Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen    Login  
Neuen Beitrag schreiben   Auf Beitrag antworten    Live for Speed Forum -> Kommentare zu den News -> Live for Speed Patch E
Seite 1 von 1 Vorheriges Thema anzeigen | Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Florian Jesse

Beitrag Di 16.12.03 12:37 Live for Speed Patch E
Antworten mit Zitat  

Nach erfolgreichen Tests wurde nun der Patch E mit dem neuen MRT5 veröffentlicht. Bis auf ein paar kleinere Bugfixes sind keine Neuerungen zu Patch D15 oder D16 enthalten. Im offiziellen LFS Forum gibt es ein paar interssante Beiträge über den MRT5, in denen auch Mitglieder des McGill Teams über ihren Wagen schreiben . Des weiteren wird es laut LFS Entwickler Scawen auch Karts (Leihkarts, Rennkarts) in LFS geben, allerdings müssen dafür noch einige Dinge an der Physik Engine weiterentwickelt werden. [Patch E Download] , [Patch E Server]

Scawen hat Folgendes geschrieben

Yes we do plan to do that. I won't try to say exactly when because our plans are kind of flexible... We do have a couple of test karts at the moment but they are bit too hard to drive at the moment and can spin out more easily than in reality (it's work in progress i update a bit every now and then). But it's a really good test for tyre physics, as without suspension it relies so heavily on good tyre physics, as the inside rear wheel is touching and then not touching, currently the kart gets some nudges too heavy this way and that.

Well the karts we want to do first are a 125cc shifter kart and a hire kart (for example 200 to 250cc four-stroke single with a centrifugal clutch, no gears and less wide rear wheels).

I've driven various hire karts and i know they vary quite a lot compared with competition karts, as they aren't so cutting edge and are just designed for fun and reliability. I've also had a few goes on a 100cc racing kart that my brother owned for a while. I'll never forget that because it was so amazingly fast. It had direct chain drive - for anyone who doesn't know about that, there is no clutch and no gearbox, not even a centrifugal clutch like a hire kart, simply a chain connecting the crankshaft to the rear sprocket, so you can't stop without stalling! And starting is a pain in the butt as well, as you have to throw the thing forward and ram the back wheels onto the ground to turn the engine and try and get in while it's still moving and get on the throttle before it stops! So we don't want to simulate that in LFS because of the obvious practicality reasons and need for a running start, that's why we would go for a shifter kart.

About the handling in LFS, it's not that bad really and hopefully it's mainly just setup issues - i guess it just needs more work - it gets better each time i work on it. Currently there's not a very smooth transition between the "steering a little" state when both rear wheels are firmly on the ground (reducing your turning ability because of the lack of differential) and the "steering hard" state when the front steering geometry (caster angle combined with a large scrub radius) combined with the cornering forces, help to lift the inner rear wheel so the kart can get round the corner. And it has a tendency to spin out unexpectedly and doesn't inspire confidence. Also on hitting any kerb you are guaranteed to lose it.

Hope that helps As i say we want them in LFS but i can't say when.
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:   
Neuen Beitrag schreiben   Auf Beitrag antworten    Live for Speed Forum -> Kommentare zu den News -> Live for Speed Patch E Alle Zeiten sind MESZ (Sommerzeit)

phpBB © phpBB Group

Impressum | Datenschutz